Recent studies show that businesses are failing to meet the expectations of their customers. This is increasingly true for healthcare facilities that outsource their medical billing process. The biggest problem is that there are major inconsistencies between customer expectations and the reality of the services that medical billing companies provide. And there shouldn’t be. Just as it is important for patients to choose a medical facility that provides quality care, your practice should have a client-focused billing company that addresses your needs and exceeds your expectations.
So, what should you expect from a medical billing service company?
First and foremost, you should expect to be a priority. And that should make your job easier. For many medical professionals, it can be difficult to relinquish control of the billing process, especially if you have received poor service in the past. But in-house medical billing professionals are responsible for numerous aspects of maintaining the office, and the overwhelming amount of work is difficult to keep up with. Outsourcing your medical billing to a company you can trust allows you to focus on your practice. Here’s what you can expect from a reliable billing company:
- Complete Transparency–You should have a comprehensive understanding of the medical billing process and access to information at all times. If you find yourself wondering how your current billing process could be improved but you aren’t getting the answers you need, it might be time to consider a billing solution that keeps you in the loop at all stages of the process.
- Excellent Customer Service – This should go without saying, but you should expect excellent customer service from your medical billing company. This means they should be listening to you and creating tailored solutions for your unique needs. Things are constantly changing in healthcare and in billing, so it is imperative that you receive the services you need to achieve your business goal.
- Growth – The most compelling reason to outsource your medical billing is growth. This includes growing your revenue, annual business, and your practice. If your current billing practices aren’t facilitating growth, then you are struggling just to keep your head above water. That’s no way to run a medical practice. Effective billing solutions should increase revenue and allow you to provide the highest quality care to your patients.
- Compliance and Reporting – Compliance in charting and coding is an absolute must, especially when your reimbursement depends on it. With pay for performance and MIPS, for example, compliance and accurate reporting determine your revenue. Between the complex reporting and compliance requirements and frequently changing regulations, your medical billing company should have the knowledge and expertise to ensure compliance.
- Effective Denial & Rejection Handling – You already know that It’s important to have billers who accurately code and submit claims. But effective denial and rejection handling are equally (if not more) critical to your medical practice. Correcting claims and getting paid is essential to your bottom line but an outstanding medical billing service will track, measure, and report on denials to provide a clear picture of why claims are denied. That information is used to flag and prevents future denials.
Medcare MSO brides the gap between expectations and reality because we are committed to providing extraordinary service to each of our clients, regardless of size or specialty. We believe that it takes more than knowledge and expertise to be an effective billing solution (although we have that too). It also takes compassion and understanding. Medcare MSO is a trusted name in medical billing because we go beyond meeting your expectations – we exceed them in every possible way.