Whenever you submit or modify your information in Medcare MSO, we will send such information over the Internet using Secure Socket Layer, version 3 (or other later versions) (SSL) encryption technology. The information you submit to Medcare MSO will be stored on a separate server as an additional security precaution. However, we do not warrant or represent that the information you submit to Medcare MSO will be protected against loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
In the following limited circumstances we will consider, and may release, Physician or Practice Information to third parties:
- to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or
- in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others. We might also provide Physician or Practice Information to our vendors and suppliers where it is necessary for them to provide us with products and services related to better operation and maintenance of our web-site ("Vendors").
We will attempt to require that each of these Vendors not further use or disclose your Physician or Practice Information for any purpose other than providing us or you with products and services. Of course, we cannot guarantee their compliance with these restrictions.
Medcare MSO may provide information about you which does not allow you to be identified or contacted (Aggregate Information) to third parties. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our site and the activities they conduct while on our site. We might also inform a pharmaceutical company (that may or may not be an advertiser on our site) that "30% of our users live east of the Mississippi" or that "25% of our users have tried alternative medicine." Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge for this information.
Please note that you are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your Medcare MSO password or account. It is your sole responsibility to
- control the dissemination and use of activation codes and passwords;
- authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your Medcare MSO account and password;
- promptly inform Medcare MSO of any need to deactivate a password. You grant Medcare MSO and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the Medcare MSO web-site and Medcare MSO the right to receive, transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your Physician or Practice Information, including information which may be privileged and confidential under applicable state and federal laws, in connection with the operation of Medcare MSO. Medcare MSO cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit to Medcare MSO or your or third parties' use or misuse of information transmitted or received using Medcare MSO.
This privacy statement applies only to the Medcare MSO web site. The Medcare MSO site might contain links to other sites. Please be aware that Medcare MSO is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personal or practice information from you.